Global IT University's Internship Program
Students (FROM GLOBAL ITU)
- Gain exposure to real-world problems and issues that perhaps are not found in textbooks.
- Cultivate adaptability and creativity in a dynamic world.
- Increase marketability to employers. On average, only 30% of graduating seniors have job offers before graduation; however, after completing an internship, that figure rises to 58%.
- Evaluate specific companies or specific careers prior to committing to full-time employment—a "try before you buy" type experience.
- Ease transition from being a student to entering the workforce.
- Increase opportunities within a company for faster advancement and growth.
- Increase self-confidence in the workplace while developing an expanded network of associates and professionals.
- Facilitate a higher starting salary than non-interns. In a recent study interns received, on average, $2,240 more than non-interns for starting salary.
- Have résumé-building experiences while applying academic concepts and principles.
- Spread the gospel in many areas through example and lifestyles.
- Have opportunities to fund college education.
- Have personal growth experiences and exposure to different job opportunities.
- Have hands-on opportunities to work with equipment and technology that may not be available on campus.
- According to interns from GLOBAL ITU, students gain the following benefits through academic internships: experience, skill development, perspective, supervision, professional connections, academic credit, earnings, the opportunity to represent GLOBAL ITU, and to provide service to others.
- Knowledge to list small businesses with government agencies which adds tremendous value to you when a potential employer wants to do more business with the government.
Make critical professional contacts/Networking
Testimonials from Real Interns